Introduction
Chapter: Reconnecting Your Disconnected Dreams
Introduction
Have you become so old that dreaming of something new scares you?
Are you so old that you have started considering yourself helpless?
Have you reached an age where you have decided to give up on the dreams you once had as a child?
Have you stopped dreaming big?
Have you stopped believing that you can live the best moments of your life?
Let me ask you something.
If you still have a desire to do something extraordinary, if you still want to become an example for others, then this chapter is for you.
But if you have completely given up on your dreams, then perhaps you have picked up the wrong book.
Because this book is not here to make you comfortable with your limitations.
It is here to challenge you.
It is here to question your old beliefs.
It is here to remind you of the person you once were—the person who dreamed without fear.
This chapter may challenge the way you think about your life, your business, your money, your relationships, and your future.
But there is one condition:
You must be willing to take responsibility for your dreams.
I am not here to teach you how to think.
You already know how to think.
I want to help you understand which thoughts deserve your attention, which thoughts need to be changed, and when you need to take action.
Most importantly, I want to help you reconnect with the dreams you once abandoned.
---
1. What Is the Real Problem?
The biggest problem is not that your dreams have not come true.
The biggest problem is that you may have stopped dreaming.
Think about your childhood.
How many big dreams did you have?
You may have told your friends:
"I will buy a big car one day."
"I will build a beautiful house."
"I will become successful."
"I will travel the world."
"I will make my family proud."
At that age, you did not know how those dreams would become reality.
But you dreamed anyway.
Then life happened.
Responsibilities increased.
Failures happened.
People started giving you advice.
Society started telling you what was possible and what was impossible.
Slowly, you began saying:
"I am too old."
"I don't have enough money."
"I don't have enough time."
"That dream was for my younger days."
"It is too late now."
And eventually, your dreams became distant memories.
But here is something important:
Your dreams may not have disappeared. You may simply have become disconnected from them.
That is the problem this chapter is about.
---
2. You Do Not Become Old Because of Age
A person does not become old merely because of age.
A person can become old because of their thinking.
Someone can be 25 years old and say,
"Nothing is possible for me anymore."
Another person can be 65 and say,
"There is still so much I want to create."
The difference is not always age.
The difference is mindset.
So ask yourself:
Is my age really stopping me, or has my thinking stopped me?
If you are 30, you still have time.
If you are 40, you have experience.
If you are 50, you have experience and wisdom.
Even if you are 60 or 65, you still have the ability to make decisions and take meaningful action.
As long as you can make a decision about your life, you can begin to redesign it.
Age is a number. Your willingness to grow is a choice.
---
3. Go Back and Remember Your Childhood Dreams
For a moment, go back to your childhood.
Remember what you wanted to become.
What did you talk about with your friends?
What kind of life did you imagine?
What kind of house did you dream about?
What car did you want?
Where did you want to travel?
What did you want to do for your family?
Take a notebook and write down at least 10 dreams from your childhood or youth.
Do not judge them.
Do not immediately ask whether they are practical or impractical.
Just write them down.
Because a dream that remains only in your mind is difficult to organize.
But when you put it on paper, you can begin to examine it, clarify it, plan for it, and take action toward it.
Write the dream. Give it clarity. Give it direction. Give it action.
---
4. Make Your Dream Specific
It is not enough to say:
"I want a car."
Ask yourself:
Which car?
Which company?
What color?
What features?
How much will it cost?
When do I want to buy it?
How much money will I need?
How much do I need to save?
What additional income may I need?
What skills or opportunities could help me achieve it?
The same applies to every dream.
If you want a house, define it.
Where will it be?
How big will it be?
What will it look like?
What kind of environment do you want?
Who will live there?
Why is that house important to you?
The more clearly you define a goal, the easier it becomes to identify the actions required to pursue it.
Clarity creates direction.
---
5. Discover the "Why" Behind Your Dream
Now ask yourself the most important question:
Why do I want this dream?
Suppose you want a luxury car.
Why?
Is it for comfort?
Is it because you love the car?
Is it because you want greater freedom?
Is it because it represents an achievement you have always wanted?
Is it because you want to create a better lifestyle for your family?
Your "why" gives emotional meaning to your goal.
When difficulties appear, a meaningful reason can remind you why you started.
So do not only write what you want.
Write why you want it.
---
6. Create a Vision Board
Create a visual representation of the life you want to build.
You can include pictures or words representing:
- Your dream home
- Your dream car
- Your business
- Your financial goals
- Your travel goals
- Your family goals
- Your personal development
- Your ideal lifestyle
But remember:
A vision board is not magic.
A picture cannot build your dream for you.
A vision board is a reminder of your direction.
Your dream still requires:
Clarity + Planning + Skills + Consistent Action + Review
That is how a dream begins moving toward reality.
---
7. Turn Your Dream Into an Action Plan
Now comes the most important part.
Take a notebook and answer these questions:
What is my dream?
Write it clearly.
Why do I want it?
Write the emotional and practical reasons.
When do I want to achieve it?
Set a realistic target date.
What resources will I need?
Money, knowledge, people, skills, time, tools, and opportunities.
What skills do I need to develop?
Identify the gaps between where you are and where you want to be.
What do I need to change?
Look at your habits, routines, decisions, and priorities.
What can I do today?
Do not wait for the perfect time.
Start with one action.
What can I accomplish in the next 30 days?
Create a short-term target.
What can I accomplish in the next 90 days?
Create a measurable action plan.
A dream becomes a meaningful goal when you connect it with action.
---
8. Redesign Your Life
Redesigning your life means reorganizing your life intentionally.
Think of an architect.
Before constructing a building, an architect creates a plan.
Your life also needs a plan.
Ask yourself:
What kind of life do I want?
What kind of family life do I want?
What kind of person do I want to become?
What should my daily routine look like?
What habits should I develop?
Which habits should I eliminate?
Which people should I spend more time with?
Which distractions should I reduce?
Which skills should I learn?
What kind of financial life do I want to build?
When you begin answering these questions honestly, you start taking control of the direction of your life.
That is what Redesign means.
It means looking at your life and asking:
What needs to be rebuilt?
What needs to be improved?
What needs to be removed?
And what needs to begin?
---
9. Reconnect Your Thoughts With Your Dreams
Sometimes there is a huge gap between the life you want and the life you are currently living.
You want to build a successful business, but your daily actions do not support that goal.
You want financial freedom, but you do not have a financial plan.
You want better health, but your daily habits work against you.
You want to become a confident speaker, but you continuously avoid opportunities to speak.
This is the disconnect.
Your dream is going in one direction, while your actions are going in another.
To reconnect the two, use this simple process:
Think → Plan → Act → Review → Improve
Think about what you want.
Plan how you can pursue it.
Act consistently.
Review your progress.
Improve your strategy.
Then repeat.
---
10. Practical Steps to Reconnect With Your Dreams
Step 1: Write Your Dreams
Write at least ten dreams you have had throughout your life.
Step 2: Choose Your Top Three
Do not try to change everything at once.
Identify the three dreams that matter most to you right now.
Step 3: Define Your "Why"
Understand why each dream matters to you.
Step 4: Make Each Dream Specific
Define the details, timeline, resources, and desired outcome.
Step 5: Identify the Gap
Ask:
Where am I today, and where do I want to be?
Then identify the gap.
Step 6: Develop the Required Skills
Determine what knowledge and skills you need to move forward.
Step 7: Create a Financial Plan
If your goal requires money, calculate the approximate financial requirement and determine how you can responsibly work toward it.
Step 8: Create a 90-Day Plan
Break the large dream into smaller, measurable actions.
Step 9: Review Your Progress Weekly
Ask yourself:
What did I accomplish?
What did I learn?
What did not work?
What should I change?
Step 10: Keep Moving
Progress does not have to be perfect.
You simply need to keep moving in the right direction.
---
11. A Real-Life Example
Imagine a person who dreamed of starting a business when he was young.
But at the age of 35, he told himself:
"It is too late."
He continued with the same routine.
At 40, he remembered his dream again.
This time, instead of simply thinking about it, he wrote everything down.
What business do I want to build?
Who are my customers?
What skills do I need?
How much money will I need?
How much can I save?
What do I need to learn?
Who can guide me?
What can I do within the next 90 days?
He started small.
His dream did not become reality overnight.
But something important had changed.
Earlier, he was only dreaming.
Now, he was building the dream.
That is the difference between dreaming and dream-building.
---
12. Common Mistakes
Mistake 1: Only Dreaming
Dreaming is important, but dreams require action.
Mistake 2: Trying to Achieve Everything at Once
Too many goals can divide your attention.
Choose your priorities.
Mistake 3: Comparing Your Journey With Others
Your journey is different.
Your circumstances are different.
Your timeline is different.
Mistake 4: Expecting Instant Results
Meaningful goals often require time, learning, adjustment, and persistence.
Mistake 5: Treating One Failure as the End
One failed attempt does not necessarily mean the dream is impossible.
Learn from the result and improve your approach.
Mistake 6: Making Plans Without Taking Action
A plan written in a notebook has no power unless it becomes action.
Mistake 7: Depending Only on Motivation
Motivation can change from day to day.
Build habits, systems, discipline, and accountability around your goals.
---
13. Your 30-Day Dream Reconnection Challenge
For the next 30 days, take this challenge seriously.
Days 1–3
Write down your childhood, old, and current dreams.
Days 4–7
Choose your three most important dreams.
Days 8–10
Write the "why" behind each dream.
Days 11–15
Identify the resources, money, knowledge, and skills required.
Days 16–20
Create your action plan.
Days 21–25
Reorganize your daily routine around your priorities.
Days 26–28
Review your progress and identify what needs to change.
Day 29
Review the complete plan.
Day 30
Take one significant action toward your most important dream.
Remember:
Planning is important, but action is the bridge between dreams and reality.
---
Conclusion: Give Your Dreams a Second Life
Your dreams belong to you.
You once saw them.
You once felt them.
You once talked about them.
But somewhere along the journey of life, you may have pushed them aside.
Now it is time to bring them back.
It does not matter whether you are 30, 40, 50, or 65.
Ask yourself:
What do I really want?
What kind of life do I want to live?
Which dreams are still alive inside me?
And most importantly:
What can I do today to move one step closer to them?
You do not have to change your entire life in one day.
You only need to change your direction.
When your direction changes, your actions begin to change.
When your actions change, your habits begin to change.
When your habits change, your results begin to change.
And when your results change, your life begins to change.
So reconnect with your dreams.
Redesign your life.
Reconnect with the child inside you who once dreamed without fear.
You are not too old.
Perhaps you have simply stopped dreaming.
And if your dreams are still alive inside you, then your story is not over.
Rise again.
Dream again.
Build again.
Live again.
Because your next chapter is still waiting to be written.
— Surya Bhan
Motivational Speaker | Law of Attraction Coach | Advanced Law of Attraction Coach | Leadership Trainer | Business Coach | NLP Trainer | Ho’oponopono Healing Trainer | Public Speaking Trainer | Youth Educator | Mind Expert
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for coming to my blog and read it and give me your love and blessings