Skip to main content

How to clear your old mindset and negative emotions

 Introduction

Chapter: Clear Your Mind Before You Build Your Life


Introduction


There is one important thing I want to reveal in this chapter—something that can help you understand your mindset, your negative emotions, and the patterns that may be holding you back.


Have you ever asked yourself:


Where am I going wrong in my life?


Why do I keep getting stuck in the same cycle of failure, frustration, disappointment, and negative emotions?


Why am I working hard but still not getting the results I want?


These questions can arise in every area of life—your business, professional life, career, finances, relationships, health, personal growth, and even your spiritual journey.


Sometimes, the problem is not a lack of effort.


Sometimes, the problem is that we are trying to build something new while carrying old thoughts, beliefs, emotions, habits, and fears.


You may want success, but constantly think about failure.


You may want abundance, but constantly think about scarcity.


You may want a healthy relationship, but continue carrying resentment from the past.


You may want confidence, but repeatedly tell yourself that you are not capable.


You may want a successful career, but secretly believe that you are not good enough.


This creates an internal conflict.


And that is what I want you to understand in this chapter:


Before you plant the seeds of a new life, you must prepare the soil of your mind.


---


1. What Is the Problem?


Let me ask you some simple questions.


Are you getting the results you expected from the amount of effort you are putting into your work?


If you are working in a job, are you progressing toward the career you want?


Are you developing the income you desire?


Are your relationships giving you the connection and peace you want?


Are you able to manage your emotions effectively?


Are you living the life you imagined for yourself?


For many people, the honest answer to several of these questions may be no.


Then another question appears:


Why?


Why can someone work hard for years and still feel stuck?


One reason can be the difference between what a person consciously wants and what they repeatedly think, believe, and do.


For example:


You may consciously want success.


But if you repeatedly think:


"I am not capable."


"People like me cannot become successful."


"I always fail."


"Money is difficult to earn."


"Nothing works for me."


then those thoughts can influence your emotions, decisions, behavior, confidence, and persistence.


This is why your inner world deserves attention.


---


2. The Garden of Your Mind


Imagine a gardener who wants to create a beautiful garden.


Would the gardener simply throw flower seeds into a field full of weeds and then walk away expecting a beautiful garden?


Probably not.


The gardener first prepares the soil.


The unnecessary weeds are removed.


The soil is cultivated.


Then the seeds are planted.


Then the plants are watered and protected.


Your mind can be approached in a similar way.


Think of your dreams as seeds.


Think of your mindset as soil.


If you continuously feed your mind with fear, resentment, self-doubt, limiting beliefs, and negative self-talk, you may make it harder to nurture the behaviors required for your goals.


This does not mean that every negative thought creates a negative event.


It means that repeated thoughts can influence how you feel, what you notice, what you believe is possible, and how you behave.


Therefore:


Do not only ask, "What do I want?"


Also ask:


"What is currently growing inside my mind?"


---


3. Understanding the Mindset of Human Life


Your mind is constantly producing thoughts.


Some thoughts are useful.


Some are neutral.


Some are harmful.


Some are connected to past experiences.


Some are fears about the future.


Some are beliefs you learned from your family, society, education, or personal experiences.


A thought may appear for only a few seconds.


But if you repeatedly think the same thought, it can become a familiar mental pattern.


For example:


"I am not good enough."


Repeated often enough, it may become a belief.


"I always fail."


Repeated often enough, it may affect your willingness to take risks.


"Nobody respects me."


Repeated often enough, it may influence how you interpret other people's behavior.


"Money is always difficult."


Repeated often enough, it may influence your financial decisions.


This is why awareness matters.


A thought is not necessarily a fact.


You can observe a thought without automatically believing it.


That is one of the most powerful steps toward changing your mindset.


---


4. Your Thoughts and Your Health


Health is an important area where our thoughts and emotions deserve attention.


If you are facing a health challenge, pay attention to the way you talk to yourself.


For example, you may repeatedly say:


"I am always sick."


"My body is weak."


"I will never recover."


"My life has become difficult."


"I will always depend on medicines."


These statements can create fear and emotional distress.


But changing your thoughts does not mean ignoring medical treatment.


If you have a health problem, appropriate medical advice and treatment should come first.


Positive thinking is not a replacement for a doctor.


Instead, you can work on the emotional side of your experience.


For example, replace:


"I will never get better."


with:


"I am taking the right steps to support my health, and I will focus on what I can control today."


Replace:


"My body is always failing me."


with:


"I will listen to my body and take better care of it."


The objective is not to deny reality.


The objective is to develop a healthier relationship with reality.


---


5. Your Thoughts About Family


For many people, family is connected with love, identity, support, responsibility, and belonging.


But sometimes the emotional environment within a family becomes unhealthy.


There may be:


- Constant arguments

- Lack of communication

- Resentment

- Jealousy

- Lack of respect

- Emotional distance

- Unresolved conflicts

- Competition

- Lack of appreciation


When this happens, the family can gradually become emotionally disconnected.


A healthy family does not mean a family without disagreements.


It means a family where people can communicate, respect differences, repair relationships, and support one another.


If you want to build a stronger family environment, begin with small actions.


Give people respect.


Listen before judging.


Appreciate people's efforts.


Give children a voice.


Respect elders.


Do not make one person feel less important than another.


Create opportunities for family members to spend meaningful time together.


A family becomes stronger when people feel that they belong.


---


6. From a Dysfunctional Family to a Functional Family


A functional family is not a perfect family.


It is a family where people learn to handle imperfections together.


If there is conflict, communicate.


If there is hurt, acknowledge it.


If there is misunderstanding, clarify it.


If someone needs support, offer it.


If you have made a mistake, apologize.


If someone has done something good, appreciate them.


One powerful principle is:


Do not only ask what you are receiving from your family. Ask what you are contributing to it.


Respect should not be demanded only from others.


It should also be practiced by you.


Love should not only be expected.


It should also be expressed.


Support should not only be received.


It should also be offered.


When people begin contributing to the emotional health of the family, relationships can gradually become stronger.


---


7. Your Relationship With Money


Almost everyone wants money.


But wanting money and understanding your relationship with money are two different things.


Ask yourself:


What do I believe about money?


Do I believe money is always difficult to earn?


Do I believe wealthy people are necessarily bad?


Do I feel guilty when I charge for my work?


Do I spend money to impress others?


Do I avoid looking at my finances because they make me uncomfortable?


Do I believe I am incapable of increasing my income?


These questions are important because your beliefs about money can influence your financial behavior.


If you believe money is impossible to manage, you may avoid budgeting.


If you believe earning more is impossible, you may stop looking for opportunities to improve your skills.


If you believe you do not deserve financial success, you may undervalue your work.


Therefore, do not simply say:


"I want more money."


Ask:


"What kind of relationship do I have with money?"


Then build a healthier one through financial knowledge, responsible decisions, useful skills, disciplined saving, ethical earning, and long-term planning.


---


8. Ten Practical Steps to Clear Your Mental Space


Step 1: Observe Your Thoughts


For one week, notice the thoughts that repeatedly appear in your mind.


Do not judge them.


Just observe them.


---


Step 2: Identify Repeating Negative Patterns


Write down statements such as:


"I can't."


"I am not good enough."


"I always fail."


"Nothing works for me."


"Money is impossible."


"People don't respect me."


Then ask:


Is this a fact, or is this a belief?


---


Step 3: Separate Facts From Interpretations


Suppose someone does not reply to your message.


The fact is:


They did not reply.


Your interpretation might be:


"They don't respect me."


These are not necessarily the same thing.


Learning to separate facts from interpretations can reduce unnecessary emotional reactions.


---


Step 4: Replace Unhelpful Thoughts


Do not replace a negative thought with something you do not believe.


Instead, create a realistic and constructive thought.


For example:


Old: "I can never succeed."


New: "I have not achieved it yet, but I can learn, improve, and try a different approach."


---


Step 5: Identify Your Limiting Beliefs


Ask yourself:


Where did this belief come from?


Who taught me this?


Is it still relevant to my life?


Does it help me?


What would I believe if I were not afraid?


---


Step 6: Clean Your Environment


Your mental environment matters too.


Pay attention to the content you consume, the conversations you participate in, and the people whose opinions strongly influence you.


You do not need to disconnect from everyone.


But you can become more selective about what you repeatedly allow into your mind.


---


Step 7: Create New Mental Habits


Start practices such as:


- Journaling

- Gratitude

- Meditation

- Reading

- Learning

- Exercise

- Goal setting

- Positive self-talk

- Reflection


The goal is not to eliminate every negative thought.


The goal is to become better at managing your attention and response.


---


Step 8: Take Action


If you want a better career, develop a skill.


If you want better finances, create a financial plan.


If you want better relationships, improve communication.


If you want better health, follow appropriate health guidance and build healthier habits.


Action gives your new thinking a practical foundation.


---


Step 9: Review Your Progress


Every week ask:


What changed?


What worked?


What did not work?


What did I learn?


What will I do differently next week?


---


Step 10: Repeat the Process


Mindset transformation is not a one-day activity.


Your mind develops patterns over time.


Give yourself time to develop new ones.


---


9. A Simple Real-Life Example


Imagine two people who lose their jobs.


The situation is the same.


Person A thinks:


"My life is over."


"I am useless."


"Nothing good will happen to me."


"I will never find another opportunity."


Person B thinks:


"This is difficult."


"I did not expect this."


"But what can I learn from this?"


"What skills can I improve?"


"Who can I contact?"


"What opportunities can I explore?"


The external event is the same.


But their interpretation, emotional response, and actions are different.


Person B is not pretending that the situation is easy.


Person B is choosing to focus on what can be controlled.


That is the difference between denial and constructive thinking.


---


10. Common Mistakes


Mistake 1: Trying to Eliminate Every Negative Thought


Negative thoughts are a normal part of human experience.


The goal is not to become a person who never has a negative thought.


The goal is to stop every negative thought from controlling your decisions.


Mistake 2: Believing Positive Thinking Alone Will Solve Everything


Positive thinking can support motivation and resilience, but real-life problems often require practical action, skills, planning, communication, and sometimes professional support.


Mistake 3: Blaming Yourself for Everything


Not every problem in life is caused by your mindset.


External circumstances matter too.


Recognize what you can control and what you cannot.


Mistake 4: Ignoring Reality


Changing your mindset does not mean pretending that problems do not exist.


See reality clearly, then decide what you can do about it.


Mistake 5: Expecting Instant Transformation


Your current mental patterns may have developed over many years.


Give yourself time to change them.


Mistake 6: Comparing Your Progress With Others


Your starting point is different.


Your circumstances are different.


Focus on your own progress.


---


11. Your 30-Day Mindset Reset Action Plan


For the next 30 days, take responsibility for your mental environment.


Week 1: Awareness


Write down your recurring thoughts.


Identify your emotional triggers.


Notice the situations that repeatedly create fear, anger, sadness, or self-doubt.


Week 2: Reframing


Take your most common unhelpful thoughts and write a more realistic, constructive alternative.


Week 3: Action


Choose one area of life—career, business, money, relationships, health, or personal growth—and take practical action every day.


Week 4: Review


Look back at the previous three weeks.


Ask yourself:


What have I learned?


What has changed?


What still needs attention?


What habits do I want to continue?


Then create your next 30-day plan.


---


Conclusion


Your mind is the place where your plans, beliefs, fears, possibilities, and decisions meet.


That is why you must pay attention to what you repeatedly think about.


But remember one important thing:


You do not need to control every thought. You need to learn how to respond to your thoughts wisely.


If you want to plant new seeds in your life, first prepare the soil.


Remove the beliefs that no longer serve you.


Question the thoughts that keep you stuck.


Heal the emotional wounds that need attention.


Strengthen the beliefs that support healthy action.


Then plant new seeds:


Clarity.

Discipline.

Courage.

Learning.

Action.

Gratitude.

Growth.


Your business may need a new strategy.


Your career may need new skills.


Your relationships may need better communication.


Your financial life may need better planning.


Your health may need better habits and appropriate professional care.


And your mindset may need greater awareness.


Do not expect one positive thought to change your entire life.


Instead, change the way you think, the way you respond, and the way you act—one decision at a time.


Because when you change your inner patterns and support them with meaningful action, you create the possibility of changing your outer results.


So before you ask,


"Why isn't my life changing?"


ask yourself:


"What am I repeatedly thinking, believing, and doing?"


That question may open the door to a completely new chapter of your life.


Clear your mind.

Prepare your soil.

Plant better seeds.

Nurture them with action.

And build the life you want to live.


— Surya Bhan


Motivational Speaker | Law of Attraction Coach | NLP Trainer | Writer | Ho’oponopono Healing Trainer | Public Speaking Trainer | Mind Trainer | Youth Educator

Comments

How to be , make, clear

Do this Dream come true

Introduction

7 extremely effective strategies of Master at public speaking.

  Introduction

The power of positive thinking

  Introduction Thinking is a process that is always going on in the cell of the mind and it is the effect of the environment around you that always affects you. Whenever you go into any environment like listening a song or watching a movie. If you go to a quarrelsome environment, now you see that you think according to the film, a quarrelsome atmosphere and song lyrics. If you meet a successful person, looking at his life style, then you immediately start imagining that success is with someone else, then your brain starts generating thinking accordingly. This means that your success and happiness all depends on the environment around you. Someone had said that if you change your mind, your life will change automatically. Control your inner self talk You become what you always talk to yourself and think the thoughts that keep repeating in your mind often. The same is your chances of being a hundred percent because, if you keep on taking the same point or thinking again and again,...